Your First Step To Better Health

Do you know that stress has been cited as the cause of over 78% of disease and is a contributing factor in the other 22%.

st2Stress isn’t always a negative thing we need a certain amount of stress to motivate us, to makes us feel alert and preform to a high standard. However too little or too much stress can cause problems. The aim is to try and create a balance within your life.

When stress threatens your wellness it’s time to do something about it.

At Stepping Stones Reflexology we want to help you towards a happier, healthier, more balanced and less stressed daily life.

STEPPING STONES REFLEXOLGY is a MOBILE Holistic Therapy business based in DUBLIN. We will travel to your home so there is no need to endure traffic or parking 2013-08-30_1049problems, and when the treatment is complete you can just continue to relax in the comfort of your own home no need to get back in the car and reverse all the good an hour of relaxation can do for you.(Morning and Evening appointments available)

Stepping Stones provides you with a choice of Reflexology, Indian head Massage or Ear candling in the comfort and privacy of your own home.

If you feel you are very stressed you may be experiencing some or all of the following symptoms;

  • Muscle tensing-tension in the face, neck, shoulders and back.
  • Headaches and migraine
  • Disrupted breathing patterns
  • Rapid heartbeat/increased blood pressure
  • Exhaustion
  • Difficulty sleeping
  • Prone to sickness
  • Digestive problems
  • General aches and pains.

stonesAt Stepping Stones Reflexology we believe in treating all our clients holistically. Simply put holistic means whole that is mind, body and spirit together. Complementary therapists like reflexologists look at the whole person, their lifestyle, their work and home life, medical background etc. and approach treatment holistically.

The reasoning behind this is simple in that we would all agree that if we are physically unwell, then often our mental performance will suffer. Likewise if we are under a lot of mental stress, then we are likely to feel physically low. The holistic approach is one in which treatment is given to the whole (mind, body and spirit) rather than just to the symptoms of the problem. In this way the holistic therapist is looking towards treating the root causes of the condition, at the same time as trying to ease the symptoms.

stones3This holistic approach is at the heart of all complementary therapies and as the word complementary suggests, these therapies are intended to complement, not replace conventional medicine. If for example, you are taking prescribed medication you should not stop doing so. The treatment is complementary not alternative.

Reflexology may provide natural drug free solutions to many of today’s commonly suffered ailments.

The role of holistic therapies like reflexology is to complement the work done by increasingly hard pressed health services. It is now recognised by many of the medical professions that complementary therapies have a very important role to play in health care as they may be both curative and preventative, as they may help with the relief of both chronic and acute conditions in a natural way. The use of complementary treatment can be particularly beneficial in combating long-term conditions, and also when the use of drugs is either inadvisable or not desired.

Michelle Reynolds is a member of Irish Reflexologist’ Institute. She is fully qualified and insured.Intitute

Advertisements