Reflexology is a therapy that uses the feet to treat the whole body. It works on the principle that the whole body from head to toe is connected. It was extensively developed in the USA and was brought to the UK in the late sixties and then on to IRELAND in the seventies.
It dates back thousands of years. Evidence of foot therapy was found on the walls of the pyramids in Egypt.
The feet are used as a map of the whole body, every organ and system in the body has a corresponding point on the feet. By manipulating and applying pressure to these areas we can help to rebalance that organ/system.
Reflexology can be very effective in the treatment of;
- During Pregnancy
- Nervous conditions
- Back pain both acute and chronic
- Digestive problems in adults and children/infants
- Sleep disorders
- Hormone imbalances ie PMT or Menopause etc.
- Skeletal conditions
- digestive problems in babies
- children and infant sleeping problems
- low mood
- pain management both acute and chronic
It promotes self-healing and an overall feeling of wellbeing…
Promotes deep body relaxation
Improves the immune system
Detoxifies the entire body
Complements other alternative healing therapies